- Our website or our mobile applications;
- Our e-mails or links in our e-mails;
- Our online ads or web content on third-party websites;
- Our blogs or social media outlets;
- Our merchant support services; and
- Our other marketing channels, including, but not limited to, our call and mail centers.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you when you use our website or other electronic services, including information:
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and services, and usage details;
- About your operating system, browser version, IP address, and mobile device;
- About the web pages that you view and information that you search for on our website;
- Which ads or web content from us or affiliates that you click to or view on our website or on third-party websites; or
- When you open our e-mails or click on any links in the e-mails.
- We collect this information using technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts.
We collect or receive business information and personally identifiable owner information (collectively, “Information”) about you, when you:
- Fill out forms or fields on our website;
- Provide location information from your mobile device; or
- Communicate with us by e-mail, mail, telephone, facsimile or other electronic means.
We may collect or receive the following business information: mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, company name, company size, business type, bank or credit card statements and bank account information. We may collect or receive the following owner information: names, mailing addresses, e‑mail addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, business ownership interests and duration, estimated FICO scores and Social Security numbers. We obtain Information in connection with helping you find and obtain Funding.
Providing Data on Our Website is Voluntary
Providing information to BetterMoneyNews.com is voluntary. We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register an account with us or submit an application to us.
BetterMoneyNews.com may contact you to inform you of Funding that may interest you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us at certain addresses or telephone numbers you can:
- Register for the Direct Marketing Association’s Mail Preference Service at https://dmachoice.thedma.org/register.php;
- Click “unsubscribe” or reply to the e-mail address found on the bottom BetterMoneyNews.com e-mails and follow the instructions provided; or
- Tell a representative that you no longer wish to be contacted at a certain address or telephone number in accordance with our Do Not Call List Policy.
Exercising one of these options may not cause all communications from BetterMoneyNews.com to cease.
How We Use Information We Collect
We (or our services and affiliates) use the information collected or received, sometimes combined with information from other sources, in the following ways:
- To advertise and market our funding partners’ products and services;
- To conduct research and analysis to prevent fraud and to better understand our customers and website visitors;
- To engage in merchant support services;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Keep Information Safe and Secure
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Please do not communicate any information to us through unsecured channels, including e-mail or social media websites, or while you are in public areas. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or other means of communication is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website or through other means of communication. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any of our systems, including, but not limited to, our website.
Anti-money Laundering Compliance Notice
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Disclosure of Your Information
We provide your Information, whether aggregated or not, to our subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, and business partners to help us with our business activities, including, but not limited to, marketing our funding partners’ products and services to you. We share Information with our funding partners in connection with helping you find and obtain Funding. We may share Information with business partners to inform you of products or services that may interest you. We may also disclose your Information:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BetterMoneyNews.com assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Information held by BetterMoneyNews.com is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill any purpose or effect the action for which you provide the Information;
- To any third party with your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BetterMoneyNews.com, our customers, funding partners or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
“Web beacons” are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or an email address that are designed specifically to allow us or our third-party vendors to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our website. Web beacons are invisible to the user because they are typically very small. We do not use web beacons to collect personal information about owners and principals. We may use them to collect non-personal information such as an IP address of the computer used, the URL of the page where the website visitor came from and the time when the web beacon was activated.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at info@BetterMoneyNews.com to correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children under 13
BetterMoneyNews.com websites and services are not for children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13. If we knowingly receive a child’s personal information, we will delete it from our systems.
We share stories of satisfied customers in our marketing materials. With your consent, we may display your name and any testimonial or photographs provided by you directly or indirectly to us. If you have questions regarding your testimonial or photographs, contact us at info@BetterMoneyNews.com